tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: jsp:include no longer working in 5.5.23
Date Tue, 08 May 2007 10:44:30 GMT
Scott Dunbar wrote:
> Thanks, I checked that and my I don't set a docBase in my context:
> <Host name="domainname.tld" appBase="/home/scott/sites/domainname.tld"
>              unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
>              xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false">
>            <Context path="" docBase="" />

And there is the problem. If it isn't absolute, docBase is relative to
appBase so you do have appBase == docBase

To fix this:
- remove the Context element from your server.xml
- assuming you have only one webapp deployed, move the contents of
/home/scott/sites/domainname.tld to /home/scott/sites/domainname.tld/ROOT
- if you have multiple webapps deployed, just move the files that are
part of the ROOT webapp

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: