tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Roger Parkinson <ro...@senanque.co.nz>
Subject [Fwd: static fields suddenly started sharing]
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 15:02:20 GMT
I have two different applications and they both make use of a common jar
library. The common library has several static fields.
Up until last week the static fields in one application never saw the
static fields in the other but I changed something and suddenly they do.
All the advice I've found through searching the web suggests this cannot
happen because the two apps use different class loaders. But it
definitely is happening.
I'm getting it on Tomcat 4.1 and 5.5 (my two live platforms).

I am trying to figure out what I changed to make this happen because it
is causing me problems. The changes I made were a restructure, shifting
things around into different folders in my eclipse project, but the same
jar files are in WEB-INF/lib as there always were.

Can anyone suggest where I should be looking? I'm wondering if I am
managing to call something I shouldn't too early in the application
initialisation. Each of the apps has a context listener that does some
stuff on startup of the app (including initialising some statics), but
they haven't changed since it was working. I still have the older
structure and it still works, and I can't see any relevant changes,

Thanks for any help
Roger