tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Jconsole and remote monitoring
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 16:09:13 GMT
You neded to change your start/stop scripts, so that they use the
management parameters only in the starting case and not in the stopping
case (define a new variable and add it in bin/catalina.sh to the "start"
case.

daad@libero.it schrieb:
> Now jconsole works but when i shut it down with /bin/./shutdown.sh i get this error:
>
> Errore: Eccezione dell'agente : java.rmi.server.ExportException: Port already in use:
7019; nested exception is:
>         java.net.BindException: Address already in use
>
> and tomcat doesn't shut down properly.
> I added the "-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=7019
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false
-Djava.rmi.server.hostname=192.168.0.5" in the /bin/catalina.sh file with: