tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: JAR file not finding external properties files
Date Tue, 01 May 2007 22:11:29 GMT
Mike, I see your issue is solved.  For the sake of the archives I feel
the need to respond to the suggestion of modifying the classpath.

Please DO NOT modify the classpath.  Best practice is to work with the
existing classloader structure and put files in the proper places.
Modifying the class path environment variable is just asking for huge
problems.  You do it and then forget or the next developer/sysadmin in
line doesn't know it and all sorts of quirky problems show up.

--David