tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: JAR file not finding external properties files
Date Tue, 01 May 2007 19:48:18 GMT
Your could put the properties file in WEB-INF/classes which is
equivalent to storing it in the jar file.  Otherwise we'll need to know
more about where you are storing your properties file to help.

 -- David

Mike Peremsky wrote:
> I created some utility classes that read proeprties files (e.g. com.mvp.utils.ExtProperties).
In the method where I try to load the properties file I have

>   package com.mvp.utils;
>
>   class ExtProperties {
>
>      private static PropertyResourceBundle loadProperties(String propsFile) {
>
>         PropertyResourceBundle prb =
>            (PropertyResourceBundle) ResourceBundle.getBundle(propsFile);
>
>        return prb;
>      }
>   }
>

>   This file is then compiled and placed in a jar file, which is copied to my Tomcat\common\lib
directory. Whenver I try to call the ExtProperties class it fails to find the properties file.
If I include the properties file in the jar file it finds it with no problem. I assume that
this is a class loader problem (which which I am not very familiar).

>   What do I need to do to get the class in the jar file to find the properties files
external to it? Do I need to specify the full path to the file?

--
David Smith
Network Operations Supervisor