tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: j_security_check 404 not found
Date Tue, 01 May 2007 17:51:47 GMT
I'm suspecting you either link to /j_security_check or manually forward
there from your pages.  Pages in your web project shouldn't ever link to
it except the login form and even then only in the action attribute of
the form tag.  Tomcat will take control when it sees a client trying to
access a protected resource without a valid session and return the login
page.  Your code doesn't have to ever do that.

--David