tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rashmi Rubdi" <>
Subject Re: Web application receives request parameters sent to another application on Tomcat 6
Date Mon, 28 May 2007 16:15:19 GMT
On 5/28/07, Dejan Krsmanovic <> wrote:
> We have two applications running on the same Tomcat instance. These two
> applications are used by completely different people and one of them has
> much higher traffic than another one.
> Recently we have upgraded to Tomcat 6.10 and start experiencing strange
> behavior. After a lot of debugging, we have noticed that the first
> application sometimes receives request parameters sent to second
> application. Parameters are mixed-up, that is, request.getParameterMap()
> returns parameters from both applications. This is not happening all the
> time (probably because one of these applications is used rarely), but we
> had this situation several times a day.
> After some time we have decided to return back to Tomcat 5.5.x and the
> problems stopped.
> What can be reason for such problems? Is it possible that Tomcat re-uses
> some objects internally without clearing them up?

It is hard to tell what could be the problem without knowing full
details of how the 2 projects Host, Context etc are configured.

Are they at the ROOT context, or other Context?

Are they on a virtual host or all of them on localhost?

Is crossContext set to true or false?

relevant sections of server.xml , Context xml files will be useful.

> Regards,
> Dejan

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail: