tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rashmi Rubdi" <rashmi....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Oracle JDBC connection Tomcat 5.5
Date Sun, 13 May 2007 19:23:58 GMT
On 5/12/07, Zdeněk Vráblík <zdenek@vrablik.org> wrote:
> Hi Rashmi,
>
> thans for reply.
>
> Configuration that is described in link you sent me works fine.
> Problem is when I change
> the datasource factory to Oracle datasource factory. Than is not
> possible to find this datasource through JNDI lookup and this
> connection disappear from admin console.
> I think that ojdbc14.jar is newer version of oracle drivers  and it

You are right, sorry you don't need classes12.jar in this case please
ignore my previous post.

I also happen to have oracle 10g, in order to answer your question, I
was trying to see if I could set up a connection pool and then try to
get OracleConnection instead of SQL Connection, I tried for almost 1/2
a day so far, to get things set up but got an error
"java.sql.SQLException: No more data to read from socket" that is
taking too long to figure out, even after searching for answers on the
Internet. I have other things to do :-) so I will give up on this for
now.

Anyway, there's some more instructions here :
http://www.oracle.com/technology/sample_code/tech/java/oc4j/htdocs/jdbc_in_j2ee/jdbc_in_j2ee.html

the above instructions are written for Oracle9iAS Container and not
Tomcat, however they demonstrate how to obtain OracleConnection ----
may be you'll find some useful information there unless someone on
this list has a solution.

You may also want to check with Oracle's Technology Forums.

> works fine with standard datasource factory
> org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory and
> javax.sql.DataSource. It stops work when I use oracle datasource
> factory
>  factory="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSourceFactory" and datasource type
> type="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource".
>
> What I need is any solution how get OracleConnection instead of
> Connection to use.
> Do I miss any parameter in resource configuration?
> <Resource name="sisPool"
>            auth="Container"
>            type="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource"
>            factory="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSourceFactory"
>            username="USER_51319"
>            password="USER_51319"
>            driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"
>            url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@192.168.100.119:1521:orcl"
>            maxActive="20" maxIdle="10" maxwait="-1"/>
>
> Thanks.
> Zdenek

-Regards
Rashmi