tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rashmi Rubdi" <rashmi....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6 trimDirectiveWhitespaces
Date Sat, 12 May 2007 03:04:06 GMT
On 5/11/07, Milanez, Marcus <Marcus.Milanez@diebold.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Do I need something else besides declaring <%@ page
> trimDirectiveWhitespaces="false" %> to have my page's white spaces
> trimmed? This directive doesn't seem to work at all...

You are right it doesn't seem to work on Tomcat 6.0.10, well I think
you don't need anything else , just setting
trimDirectiveWhitespaces="true" is supposed to work but it didn't
either.

Well the trimDirectiveWhitespaces doesn't remove all white spaces in a
HTML page, it is only supposed to remove the blank lines left behind
by JSP directives (as described here
http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/J2EE/jsp_21/ ) when
the HTML is rendered.

If you want to trim all white spaces one option is Ant RegEx (see
bottom: http://ant.apache.org/manual/OptionalTasks/replaceregexp.html)

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Marcus

Regards