tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rashmi Rubdi" <>
Subject Re: How to configure Tomcat response timeout?
Date Thu, 10 May 2007 02:07:10 GMT
On 5/9/07, Rashmi Rubdi <> wrote:
> I agree, from my experience IE times out when the connection is taking
> too long to send a response back, I haven't experienced a timeout with
> FF.
> You may want to consider a paging algorithm, if your data set is too
> large, it is not good practice to return all the data in one shot.

Sorry, in my previous post I meant *store* all the data in one shot,
but in any case, paging is a good practice whether you're storing or

Also consider a batch update instead of sequential update along with
prepared statements instead of statements, and other
optimization/memory management techniques.

> -Regards
> Rashmi

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail: