tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rashmi Rubdi" <rashmi....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cannot stop/start application using manager
Date Sun, 06 May 2007 04:21:28 GMT
On 5/6/07, Jerome Benezech <jbenezech@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have an application (cocoon) running under Tomcat
> 5.5 on the server of my hosting provider.

Hi Jerome,

Did you also check with the hosting provider?

> I can't see any error in catalina logs. So am kind of
> stuck at that point.

There are 4 different dated log files

1) localhost
2) host-manager
3) manager
4) admin

please check all log files for possible error details (full stack
trace would be useful).

> I'd have 2 questions:
> - how can I get this message when stopping the app ?

I don't know, may be if an attempt was made to start Tomcat when it
was already running.

> The manager is obviously started as I'm using it to
> call the stop of my app. By the way, the list command
> returns
> /cybercity:stopped:0:cybercity
> /manager:running:0:/usr/local/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9/server/webapps/manager
> /:running:0:
>
> - how can I restart my application at that point ? I
> don't have the control over tomcat so cannot
> stop/start the server.

May be the host provider can help.

> Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated
>
> Thanks
> Jerome

-Regards
Rashmi