tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rashmi Rubdi" <rashmi....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Log files always locked
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 19:07:57 GMT
I'm able to open Tomcat log files with Notepad, while Tomcat is running.

I guess the lock happens when Tomcat is writing to the log file, and
the file is being opened simultaneously. I think you're using the
Windows Installer and I've installed mine from the zip file. I don't
know if it makes a difference in case of locking log files.

Also there are few tail -f utilities for Windows that simulate the
Unix tail -f command, helpful to view recent changes to the log file
or see it running. I don't know if Textpad does that, you my have to
scroll to the bottom to see changes.

Regards
Rashmi