tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rashmi Rubdi" <rashmi....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JAR file not finding external properties files
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 02:17:13 GMT
On 5/1/07, David Smith <dns4@cornell.edu> wrote:
> I agree there may be an exceptionally rare occasion where modifying
> classpath might be necessary.  But such advice should be reserved for
> expert use only and only if they fully understand the consequences.

Yup, had I known earlier when Mike made his initial 2 posts that he
had the flexibility to put the properties file in the classes folder I
would have suggested the classes folder as well.

But I was thinking there may be a restriction, also I came across a
number of threads at Sun forums that suggested the use of CLASSPATH ,
so that's where I picked up the solution from.

Now that you've made a good point on the best approach, next time this
question arises I will know better :-)

> --David

-Regards
Rashmi