tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rashmi Rubdi" <rashmi....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Manager vs host-manager
Date Tue, 01 May 2007 22:43:37 GMT
On 5/1/07, gb1071nx <gb1071nx@globallyboundless.com> wrote:
> I've found in the $CATALINA_HOME/server/webapps directory these two
> apps:
>
> manager (know what this is)
> host-manager  (don't know what this is)

After some searching in Tomcat's docs, I couldn't find documentation
on Host Manager, but here are a few things I know that you may find
useful:

host-manager allows one to manage virtual hosts.

The web.xml for the host-manager webapp has some useful information,
for example
with the /html URL pattern one can access the application at
http://localhost:8080/host-manager/html

And to login, the default role is "admin" , so any users defined in
tomcat-users.xml with the role of admin can login to the host-manager
app.

... \apache-tomcat-5.5.12\server\webapps\host-manager\WEB-INF\web.xml

> I've searched the contents of
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/manager-howto.html
>
> but can't find a reference to the TC 5.5 deployed app "host-manager".
>

> Can someone shed some light?

Hope this helps.

-Regards
Rashmi