tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rashmi Rubdi" <>
Subject Re: Manager vs host-manager
Date Tue, 01 May 2007 22:43:37 GMT
On 5/1/07, gb1071nx <> wrote:
> I've found in the $CATALINA_HOME/server/webapps directory these two
> apps:
> manager (know what this is)
> host-manager  (don't know what this is)

After some searching in Tomcat's docs, I couldn't find documentation
on Host Manager, but here are a few things I know that you may find

host-manager allows one to manage virtual hosts.

The web.xml for the host-manager webapp has some useful information,
for example
with the /html URL pattern one can access the application at

And to login, the default role is "admin" , so any users defined in
tomcat-users.xml with the role of admin can login to the host-manager

... \apache-tomcat-5.5.12\server\webapps\host-manager\WEB-INF\web.xml

> I've searched the contents of
> but can't find a reference to the TC 5.5 deployed app "host-manager".
> Can someone shed some light?

Hope this helps.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail: