tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rashmi Rubdi" <rashmi....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JAR file not finding external properties files
Date Tue, 01 May 2007 20:34:18 GMT
Hi Mike,

On 5/1/07, Mike Peremsky <mperemsky@yahoo.com> wrote:
>   What do I need to do to get the class in the jar file to find the properties files
external to it?

To access a properties file that is external to the JAR file , add the
full path of the Properties file's folder to the CLASSPATH.

If you add the path of the Properties file to the CLASSPATH, there's
no need to place the properties file under /WEB-INF/classes/ folder ,
it can be located anywhere you want.

After setting the CLASSPATH, the properties file can be accessed
simply by specifying its name.

For example:

If the mypropertiesfile.properties is placed under
C:/dev/mypropertiesfile.properties

set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;C:/dev/

public class TestPropertiesFile {
        ResourceBundle props = ResourceBundle.getBundle("mypropertiesfile");
        //String planet = (String) props.getObject("planet");
        //System.out.println("Planet: " + planet);
    }
}

>   TIA
>
>   - Mike