tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Propes, Barry L " <barry.l.pro...@citi.com>
Subject RE: strange session behavior!
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 18:48:03 GMT
extra sidenote to this that is odd.

This user can access OTHER requests and pages protected by the constraint, just not this particular
one!!

What would give there?

-----Original Message-----
From: Propes, Barry L [mailto:barry.l.propes@citi.com]
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2007 1:28 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: strange session behavior!

Ok,

I've had an app running in place just fine for several months now.

All of a sudden, I've got some weird happenings.

I'll preface my problem by saying that I had added an extra security constraint to the file.
If I need to show that code for assistance, I'll pass it along later.

But long story short, most people's userIDs are working fine, as associated with their roles
and email addresses (a column I added).

I'm using this code for part of my app:

String juser = request.getRemoteUser();
request.getSession().setAttribute("juser",juser);
String jusertwo = (String) request.getSession().getAttribute("juser");
out.println("Juserval is: "+juser);
out.println("Jusertwo is: "+jusertwo);

When I look at the screen (browser console), for most users I've tested, I see it set just
fine.

For one particular user, it is breaking and looking like this:

Juserval is: TG39054 Jusert
It's odd, because it's breaking for this one user, EVEN though I've changed both their email
address and USERid.

I have no idea what could be causing this. I did add one user with a totally different role
than that of what had been included before, and the other person's ID with the new role did
appear directly before this person with the problem. Could a hashmap in another app affect
this? I wouldn't think it would directly. Especially if I've changed the person's userID and
email address.
It is so strange.

FWIW, I am using TC 4.1.31.

Let me know if any other XML attributes or other code is needed.

Thanks!

Barry