tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jessica Johnson" <jess...@internetmi.com>
Subject Re: why is apache serving source for .jsp files?
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 22:22:13 GMT
Thanks Tim, that got me a step further.  I'm no longer getting source
code for the .jsp pages, but now I'm getting a whole lot of HTTP
Status 500 errors.

Here are a few examples:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: File
"/WEB-INF/jsp2/jsp2-example-taglib.tld" not found

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: The absolute uri:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/jsp2-example-taglib cannot be
resolved in either web.xml or the jar files

org.apache.jasper.JasperException:
/jsp-examples/num/numguess.jsp(24,0) The value for the useBean class
attribute num.NumberGuessBean is invalid.

The first error is especially strange since that file does indeed
exist. C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\jsp-examples\WEB-INF\jsp2\jsp2-example-taglib.tld
 I assume that is the location where it would be looking.

In httpd.conf I took out

Include "C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Tomcat5.5\conf\auto\mod_jk.conf"

since this file is regenerated every time Tomcat restarts, and it the
config that it generated didn't seem to do a whole lot for me.

Then I added this to the end of httpd.conf
# Config for mod_jk
<IfModule !mod_jk.c>
  LoadModule jk_module "C:/Program Files/Apache Software
Foundation/Apache2.2/modules/mod_jk.so"
</IfModule>

JkWorkersFile "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Tomcat
5.5/conf/jk/workers.properties"
JkLogFile "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Tomcat
5.5/logs/mod_jk.log"

JkLogLevel emerg

JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
JkMount /*/servlet/ ajp13
JkMount /htdocs/jsp-examples/* ajp13

I should mention that I followed these directions in the tutorial to
make Tomcat use Apache's document root:

To Configure Tomcat to use your Apache DocumentRoot instead of it's own:

   1. Open server.xml from C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\conf\. Find the <host> tag and edit the
following:
      <Host name="localhost" appBase="C:/Program Files/Apache Software
Foundation/Apache2.2"
      unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
   2. Right after the <host> tag, add the following context:
      <Context path="" docBase="htdocs" reloadable="true" />

And jsp-examples resides here:
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\jsp-examples

Thanks for listening, hopefully someone out there can give me another
nudge in the right direction.

jessica