tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dirk Manske <mailinglis...@arcor.de>
Subject mod_jk and ClientAbortException
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 15:06:04 GMT
Hi,

we are using Tomcat 5.5.20 with Apache 1.3.37 via mod_jk and Struts 1.1. Furthermore we cache
the reponses with OSCache 2.1.

>From time to time when building up the cache a SocketException occurs. In the Tomcat logs
we can see that this Exception is wrapped in a ClientAbortException.

The problem is, probably due to mod_jk that this Exception is not handled/thrown in the Struts
RequestProcessor where any IOException (ClientAbortException is just a subclass) should have
been thrown. As a reason the pre-ended reponse is written to the cache and used for all following
requests! Very bad.

Has anyone experienced similar problems?

greetz
Sven