tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sorin Juco <jucoso...@gmail.com>
Subject JDBC resource with custom connection pool factory
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 07:41:18 GMT

Hello,

I want to create a JDBC resource wich represents a connection pool to an
Oracle server. By default Tomcat uses DBCP to provide the connection pool
implementation. My problem is that I want to execute some custom code each
time I get a connection from the pool and also each time I release the
connection back to the pool.
Does this mean that I have to implement my own conn-pool factory? Or can I
do this using DBCP. I couldn't find an answer anywhere. Can someone point me
to a tutorial!

Thanx.