tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Enrique Lamas" <enrique.la...@corp.ya.com>
Subject How can I make the classes of one app be in the classpath of another app?
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 13:49:23 GMT
Hello,
I've allways used resin server and now I'm starting with Tomcat. I've one doubt and I've found
no answer to it after much time searching. ¿Can you help me?

I've two apps, for example:
webapps/app1
webapps/app2

Well, what I need is from app2 create instances of classes defined at app1, i.e. , I want
app1 classes be at app2 classpath. But I don't want neither to make a jar file end copy it
to webapps/app2/WEB-INF/lib nor copy to apache-tomcat-6.0.10\lib in order to make it visible
to all webapps.

With resin server this was done by inserting this line at web.xml:
<classpath id="../../../app1/WEB-INF/classes" source="../../../app1/WEB-INF/classes"/>

buy I think this is not standard because it's no allowed whith Tomcat.

¿How can I do this?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.