tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: Log files always locked
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 20:47:02 GMT

Wots Up Doc!... Rashmi I am using the Windows Installer... and when I saw
what you said
I killed every thing and then just started and stopped Tomcat... and guess
wot!... the
files are not locking... ie they letting other programs open them.

So now I dont know whats causing the solid lock... but when it does happen
its
not a fleeting thing..... its a solid block for any program trying to open
with "read write" access.

.... was beginning to think maybe it was just me
but if you look at Propes, Barry L  post... thats exactly wot I had to
do.... ie copy
all the files... and then open them... which sucks.

Clearly Tomcat is not designed to hard lock them.... but something causes
it.
Anyway.... I'll keep an eye on it and see if I can figure out what it is I
do... that makes
them hard lock.

I'm always developing so it may be something subtle like a netbeans program
bug that makes Tomcat not close the handle.... beats me but it happens a
lot.
I think the work arounds the other guys have found like those text editors,
are opening as read only... and thats why they work... but there is
something weird going on.

Thanks Johnny