tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: strange session behavior!
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 18:46:56 GMT

Hi Barry.... I think you session may not have been created...
See my MOD below....

----- Original Message -----
From: "Propes, Barry L " <barry.l.propes@citi.com>

I'm using this code for part of my app:

String juser = request.getRemoteUser();

request.getSession(true).setAttribute("juser",juser); // make sure the
session is created
//request.getSession().setAttribute("juser",juser);

String jusertwo = (String) request.getSession().getAttribute("juser");
out.println("Juserval is: "+juser);
out.println("Jusertwo is: "+jusertwo);

When I look at the screen (browser console), for most users I've tested, I
see it set just fine.

For one particular user, it is breaking and looking like this:

Juserval is: TG39054 Jusert
It's odd, because it's breaking for this one user, EVEN though I've changed
both their email address and USERid.

I have no idea what could be causing this. I did add one user with a totally
different role than that of what had been included before, and the other
person's ID with the new role did appear directly before this person with
the problem. Could a hashmap in another app affect this? I wouldn't think it
would directly. Especially if I've changed the person's userID and email
address.
It is so strange.

FWIW, I am using TC 4.1.31.

Let me know if any other XML attributes or other code is needed.

Thanks!

Barry