tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: WAR deployment incomplete (sometimes)
Date Thu, 10 May 2007 07:11:17 GMT
Oh... sorry think I gave wrong impression... I understood article to be
talking about the
META-INF   context file... ie one guy said his web.xml file does not appear
after deploy, and said he discovered it has nothing to do with web xml, its
because the the context xml file has the wrong xml format.... personally I
think everyone is guessing, but it certainly does seem to be happening to
some unlucky people.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2007 3:23 AM
Subject: RE: WAR deployment incomplete (sometimes)

> From: Johnny Kewl [mailto:john@kewlstuff.co.za]
> Subject: Re: WAR deployment incomplete (sometimes)
>
> Found this article.....

http://archives.devshed.com/forums/java-118/missing-application-web-xml-
1620719.html

Which, unfortunately, came to what I think was the wrong conclusion.  I
suspect the real problem was the erroneous inclusion of a docBase
attribute in the <Context> element.

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <Context path=""/>

I hope you don't have the above in your web.xml, since the <Context>
element doesn't go there.  And, of course, having a path attribute in a
<Context> element is not valid unless the <Context> is in server.xml,
which is strongly discouraged.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.