tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Libu Mon C.D" <>
Subject tomcat process getting killed... Please Help...
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 06:35:32 GMT

We are developing one element management system with its Web Client running
on Tomcat in a solaris box. It was observed that tomcat server process is
getting killed automatically. We checked the log files. The whole sequence
is just like when undeploying the war file, but without anybody actually
performing that. But here the the tomcat process itself is getting killed.

We are using Tomcat version 5.5.12 and JDK 1.4.2_12-b03

H/W details : Sunfire V440 server with dual CPU & 4 GB memory

Log file details:

[2007-03-16 14:47:36,260] - {INFO } -
webclient.controller.ControllerServletControllerServlet : destroy

Pushlet[INFO] destroy(): Exit Pushlet webapp
Pushlet[INFO] Stopping 0 EventSources...
Pushlet[INFO] EventSources stopped
Pushlet[INFO] Dispatcher stopped: broadcast abort to all subscribers
Pushlet[INFO] SessionManager: Thu Mar 29 23:30:58 CEST 2007 stopped

Mar 29, 2007 11:30:59 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextlistenerStop
SEVERE: Exception sending context destroyed event to listener instance of
 at webclient.servlet.listeners.ContextListener.unRegisterService(
 at webclient.servlet.listeners.ContextListener.contextDestroyed(
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStop(
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.stop(
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.removeChild(
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.undeployApps(
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.stop(
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(
 at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.stop(
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.stop(
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.stop(
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.stop(
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.stop(
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.stop(
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina$

Any idea why?