tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Russ Sherk" <>
Subject Authenticating a drop-in web-app
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 17:19:06 GMT

I was looking into using Tomcat's (5.x) authentication for our
web-app.  The web-app will be deployed in a single WAR file so the
customers can drop it into their existing Tomcat installation.  The
authentication needs to be done via our custom JAAS implementation
which is packaged in a jar.  The authentication scheme is used by all
of our standalone and web-apps.

Now, I have go to the point where the app is configured to use JAAS
but it requires that our JAAS implementation jar to be placed in
$CATALINA_HOME/server/endorsed.  Which does not fit into our 'drop-in'
deployment plan.

Is it possible to either configure the WAR deployment to add the jar
to the $CATALINA_HOME/server/endorsed directory without user/admin

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message