tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Alexey Kakunin" <akaku...@gmail.com>
Subject mod_jk & JkStripSession for skiped files
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 11:18:07 GMT
Hello!

Starting from version 1.2.21 of mod_jk I found there very interesting
option:
JkStripSession. BY reading it's description - I hoped it will help me to fix
old problem, but - seems no -maybe somebody will able to explain me - that
I'm doing wronge.

So, I have followed part related to mod_jk in my apache 2.2.4 configuration:

LoadModule    jk_module  modules/mod_jk.so
JkWorkersFile conf/workers.properties
JkShmFile mod_jk.shm
JkLogFile     logs/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel    info

<VirtualHost xxx.yyy.zzz>
    ServerName xxx.yyy.zzz

    JkStripSession On
    JkMount  /* worker1

    Alias /resources "C:\tomcat5520\webapps\ROOT\resources"
    SetEnvIf Request_URI "/resources/*" no-jk

<Directory "C:\tomcat5520\webapps\ROOT">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

</VirtualHost>

So, problem is - then I load page for first time, tomcat adds jsessionid for
all links on the page - including for links to the images, stored in
resources folder.
Apache to not passed requests to /resources to tomcat - and handle it by
itself - but, since jsessionid is added - it tried to find files with this
jsessionid - and failed.

I hoped new option JkSkipSession will help - but it still tried to find
files with this jsessionid - maybe I configured something wrong?

--
With Best Regards,
Alexey Kakunin, EmDev Limited

Professional Software Development: