tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Gaël Lams" <lamsg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Connecting Tomcat 6.0.10 with Apache 2.2.4 using mod_jk-2.2.4
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 09:19:42 GMT
> My problem is I want to drop 8080 form the url. How do I do that?

If you don't need Apache (i.e you use it only to avoid having to use
port 8080 in the url) and assuming you have nothing else listening on
port 80, why don't use iptable to forward http request from port 80 to
port 8080?

You will find a thread in the archive's mailing list. Anyway, please
find below the 2 necessary lines:
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 8080
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 8080 -j ACCEPT

Regards,

Gaël