tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Glen Vermeylen" <glen.vermey...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't create jdbc resource in context.xml
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2007 14:07:57 GMT
It also doesn't work with the resource-ref element. The error was ""
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name jdbc is not bound in this
Context"",
but I was able to lookup the jdbc/sandwiches datasource using programmatic
jndi lookup.
Weird part is that everything works fine if I move the datasource element
from the context file to server.xml. Is it possible that the realm gets
initialized before the datasource or that something causes the realm to
initialize in a different context where it doesn't have access to the
datasource?

Anyways, thank you very much for your help. I've found a solution which
works but if there are some suggestions on how to get it to work using a
datasourcerealm I will still try them out.

Regards,
Glen.