tomcat-users mailing list archives

From tpyhala <tpyh...@twilight.cs.hut.fi>
Subject Context reload problem
Date Sun, 01 Apr 2007 19:55:06 GMT

Hi,

I'm experiencing strange behavior on reloading a context. Basically (only)
if I have sessions active and I hit reload in tomcat manager application
the reload fails with famous:

FAIL - Encountered exception java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/log4j/spi/VectorWriter

Furthermore the log contains message telling that the session contained
object that for which serialization failed. However, this log message is
formatted according to format inside the war file, but it is emitted by
tomcat source at StandardSession.java:1484. If I disable serialization,
reload works fine. If there are no sessions, reload works fine.

This makes me think that this is a bug in tomcat, or I'm missing something.
So which way this is? Are there some relevant settings or documentation
around?

Some facts of setup:
- Downloaded fresh tomcat 5.5.23
- Log4j and commons-logging are in WEB-INF/lib directory inside the
   war