tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Lakshmi Venkataraman" <>
Subject RE: Tomcat deployment question
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 06:20:35 GMT
 I have finally a working configuration.  Please refer to the bottom of
this email
 for the directory structure.
 In server.xml I changed appBase="webapps" (original value)
 htdocs.xml is renamed as ROOT.xml as Rashmi suggested with
 Then I am able to type http://localhost:8080 which in turn looks up
index.html from
 the htdocs directory
 Even so, I have some more questions and my understanding is not that
clear yet.
 I will post the questions in my next email.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lakshmi Venkataraman []
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 9:33 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Tomcat deployment question

 Hi Rashmi,
 Thanks!  I renamed htdocs.xml to ROOT.xml.
http://localhost:8080 did not work.
 However, http://localhost:8080/htdocs/index.html worked which is some

I think my organization would prefer only http://localhost:8080

I am confused between the concepts appBase, docBase and path.
So given the directory structure below, what should be the values of
appBase, docBase and path so http://localhost:8080 looks for index.html
under htdocs.

Thanks again