tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Thai Dang Vu" <tdan...@momentumsystems.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 6 web root directory
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 16:08:26 GMT
If you want to access your application with
http://your.server/your-app-file.jsp, then I don't know any way to not
have the web files in ROOT. But if accessing your app with
http://your.server/your-app-name/your-app-file.jsp, then your web files
don't need to be in ROOT.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hoa Doan [mailto:geizgeiz123@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 4:21 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Tomcat 6 web root directory

Hi, I am trying to direct Tomcat to my own web root director, and I know
you can do that by changing the host tag in server.xml.  But Tomcat wont
read any of my web file unless they are in a folder name 'ROOT'.

Kind of confusing but here is an example of what i did.
    My host tag in server.xml--> <Host name="localhost"
appBase="c:/www.web"...
    Path to my jsp files--> c:/www.web/ROOT

So my question is, is there a way to not have my web file under a folder
name 'ROOT' in order for tomcat 6 to pick it up.

8:00? 8:25? 8:40?  Find a flick in no time

NOTICE: This message (including any attachments) from Momentum Systems, Inc. contains information
that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
this message in error, please do not read, copy or forward this message.  Please permanently
delete all copies and any attachments and notify the sender immediately by reply email or
by calling our Office at 703.740.9300.