tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John Calsbeek" <nexua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting a project deployed
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 15:46:14 GMT
On 4/19/07, Rashmi Rubdi <rashmi.sub@gmail.com> wrote:
> Check the configuration of the above aliasing. Normally URL Rewriting
> is done in a sequence, the first matching path pattern is applied, so
> it helps to check all patterns and see which is the first one that's
> being applied.

The alias looks like this:

Alias /path/to/jmarks "/srv/www/tomcat5/base/webapps/jmarks"
<Directory "/srv/www/tomcat5/base/webapps/jmarks">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
    allow from all
</Directory>

It is copied wholesale from aliases that already exist for the
built-in /jsp-examples and /servlets-examples, which work correctly.
In addition, I know that the alias works correctly for all other
content in the directory, and that I get the same error without
aliasing.