tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Burak YĆ½lmaz <netson...@yahoo.com>
Subject Different aliases have different sessions in Tomcat, why?
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 22:44:56 GMT
Hi all i have a Tomcat 6.0.10 running on Centos 4.4

My configuration file(server.xml) is as below. Now i am explaning whats happening..I have
changed the default webapplication by setting context path to zero length string and set my
host applicationbase to "webapps/mydomainapp" value... By the way myapplication works well.
(Until here everything is just an information)

The problem is, when i type www.mydomain.com i am loging in with my account..And then typing
address mydomain.com (without www) it asks me to log in again...It does not recognize the
session of the www.mydomain.com... So i have different sessions for every Alias i defined

Is there anyway to correct this?

thanks for any help
Burak YILMAZ

            unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
    <Alias>mydomain.com</Alias>

<Context path="" docBase="." debug="5" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">

 <Resource name="jdbc/myprojectdb" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource" factory="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory"
               maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="1000"
               username="root" password="xxx" driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
               url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/myprojectdb"/>

    <parameter>
        <name>connectionProperties</name>
        <value>autoReconnect=true</value>
        <value>useUnicode=true</value>