tomcat-users mailing list archives

From LRS <>
Subject Re: linux + tomcat, some path/link problem
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2007 14:24:53 GMT
David Smith <>
Martin Gainty <>
Johnny Kewl <>
Caldarale, Charles R <>
Fargusson.Alan <>

thank all you guys and those who are paying attention to this topic.

to Martin : thanks for reminding me of policy, i didn't know much of
that. but given with the same policy file, my web still goes well in
windows while it failed in linux, i don't think the problem is about
tomcat policy.

to Johnny: thanks for your fruitful information, although i did in
accord to what't_work
conducted, things still dont work out, and I got exhausted guessing
how many fold of slash there should be... oh,
internet/security/http/URI/browser/tomcat, everything goes wild, way
beyond I've expected. so i end up using LocalLink extention (a plugin
of mozilla firefox found in the page mentioned above) as a workaround,
anyway, my interest is about lucene + inotify, not firefox or tomcat.
and about ESE(from your description it seems like a program like
beagle), i'm intrigued about how it works around security problem, I'd
like to look into it some time.

thanks for all you guys' help and kindness again.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message