tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bill Doster <bil...@umich.edu>
Subject Request for recommendations on connector to use with Apache-2.2.x and Tomcat5.5+
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 02:01:31 GMT
University of Michigan is planning to run a tomcat application
(on Linux) using Apache-2.2.x and Tomcat-5.5+t hat will servicing
around 100K users.  We'd appreciate hearing from sites that have
already gained experience with such a configuration.

Web searches provide a number of helpful recommendations on working
combinations of Apache, Tomcat and connectors.  Unfortunately,
I'm unclear which connector we should use to connect Tomcat (5.5+)
and Apache (2.2.x) -- most current docs seem to point to using
mod_proxy_ajp, but it seems that most of the questions come from
sites using mod_jk...

So, what Apache2.2.x<-->Tomcat5.5+ connector is your (large) site using?

Care to say a little about what factors were considered in the
selection (prior experience, other java apps, JDK, performance,
support, required features forcing use of a particular connector, ...)?

                  Bill Doster
                  ITCS Web/Database Production Team
                  The University of Michigan
                  billdo@umich.edu