tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Peder Larsen" <larsen.pe...@gmail.com>
Subject Restrict access to ip/contextpath (Tomcat 4.x)
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 09:12:25 GMT
Hi,

I've been reading the docs and found some info about the use of Remote
Address Filter.

However, my findings is that it only supports restricting access to a whole
webapp to given IP addresses.

So i wonder if it is possible to restrict access to not only IP addresses,
but also to certain paths within a webapp.

Example,
If i have a webapp, /thewebapp, and i want to restrict the access to
/thewebapp/admins/ area to certain IPs (only allow subnet in my case), is
that possible?

Thanks,
Peder