tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kenneth Westelinck" <kenneth.westeli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need help with authentication
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 14:18:41 GMT
Hi again,

I did some further researching. I found this on the 304 returned by Tomcat
when using firefox:
You should never see this error in your Web browser. It should simply
present the Web page from its cache - because it believes the page has not
changed since it was last cached. If your client is not a Web browser, then
it should equally be able to present the page from a cache. If unable to do
so, it is not using the If_Modified_Since or related headers correctly.

When I disable caching in firefox, authentication works as it should and I
get redirected as I should. So who's the culprit here. Firefox or Tomcat?

Sorry, I'm a bit puzzled :(