tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rémy Maucherat" <>
Subject Re: comet: missing initial READ event?
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 14:25:25 GMT
On 4/26/07, Sebastiaan van Erk <> wrote:
> Note that there really IS a bug here:
> request.getInputStream().available() returns 0 in the BEGIN event, so I
> cannot test if the data is already available there. However, the API
> seems cleaner to me anyway if you only allow reads within the READ
> event, as the documentation suggests it should be.

I am fully aware of all of what you have written, and maybe
available() will become more accurate in the future.

However, I think you are able to deal with it for now, since you know
if there's going to be data sent along with the request header or not.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message