tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rémy Maucherat" <remy.mauche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: comet: missing initial READ event?
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 13:01:39 GMT
On 4/26/07, Sebastiaan van Erk <sebster@sebster.com> wrote:
> The http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/aio.html documentation clear
> states that I am not allowed to read from the input stream outside of
> the READ event; thus I'm not allowed to read in the BEGIN event. So the
> behavior I expect would be that I immediately get a READ event after the
> BEGIN event since there is data available.
>
> I figure this is a bug?

The API is designed mostly for biderectional transfer. If somehow you
don't want to do that, then there's a lot less value in it (a thread
isn't that expensive, if all you want is wait a little bit before
generating a response).

If there's data available in the begin event (if the requests you use
send a request body), you should read it and if this "bug" is fixed,
it won't make a difference for you.

Rémy