tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rémy Maucherat" <remy.mauche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Memory Leak with Comet
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 11:03:45 GMT
On 4/26/07, Reich, Matthias <matthias.reich@siemens.com> wrote:
> The clear semantics of this approach would be: Processing is the same as for synchronous
requests , except that the RequestProcessor thread is released from processing early, and
another thread (or several threads that synchronize when accessing the request) continues
processing at any time it wants, and the application fully controls the lifetime of CometRequest
instances.

Thanks for the theories and the suggestions. However, it is not going
to be possible to make the API changes you suggested (since I don't
like them), and I also don't see a situation where the processing
objects are not recycled.

Rémy