tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rémy Maucherat" <remy.mauche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Memory Leak with Comet
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 15:54:18 GMT
On 4/24/07, Reich, Matthias <matthias.reich@siemens.com> wrote:
> I did a fresh build this morning from the SVN trunk, and I see the memory leak with both
NIO and APR connector.

> For each browser I run, I have at most 3 active connections at a time.
> I think, acually there are at most 2 active connections per browser, because by default
both IE and FireFox don't open more than 2 connections to a single server.

> Thus, if I use 4 browser instances for my test, I have at most 12 (or 8) active connections.

I have trouble believing that. I think the resources associated with
the connections are never released by Tomcat, causing the problem.
However, since it works for me, you'll have to look a bit further to
find out why,

Rémy