tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Goking" <Mark.Gok...@asia.bigfoot.com>
Subject sessionhelp
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 02:28:17 GMT

Hi. When logging in to web applications with roles you set in web-xml
and server.xml which db it will connect for validation.

In my case, I wish to manually create a jsessionid and log the user in
the web app without using j_security_check. Is this possible?

Beccause I have 2 tables with different kinds of users. 1 table has
username/password which j_security_check can use. But the other table
requires me to use some outside site's login validation. Hence I want to
log the user in the webapp myself by creating my own jsp script within.
Is this possible?

Couldn't find any articles in google so I thought id try my luck here

thanks