tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tremal Naik" <>
Subject Euro symbol
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 12:33:24 GMT
I have problems with the encoding of the euro symbol.
I set the charset to UTF-8 in my page:

I submit a form containing the euro symbol in a client account number
text field (typed in Internet Explorer in a Windows environment).

I set a breakpoint on
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process() and check in the
eclipse debugger the org.apache.coyote.Request object which is passed
as an argument in the adapter.service(request, response) call:

and the following is the result of some expressions:

request.getParameters().getParameter("accountNo") prints an unprintable char

That is not what I expect, since the UTF-8 encoding for the EURO sign
should be %E2%82%AC (correct me if I'm wrong)

This causes some trouble since I'll save the client account number
with a different encoding then expected.

Can you clarify this to me please?

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: