tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vasanth <vasanth.ra...@gmail.com>
Subject Setting Up IIS,JK connector and tomcat
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 09:18:20 GMT
Hi,

We are trying to migrate a running tomcat/JK/IIS setup from win 2000/IIS 5.0
to win 2003/IIS 6.0. The struts application is hosted using two tomcat
instances and we use JK connectors as load balancer for these two servers.
We have configured the IIS with a 'jakarta' virtual directory.The setup is
working fine in 2000/IIS 5.0 setup but not in the 2003/IIS 6.0. We have
copied the ISAPI_REDIRECT.DLL frile from the 2000 box to 2003 box (we did
not use any binary installation) and in the IIS the status for the jakarta
shows as loaded with a green uparrow. But when we try to browse the site we
get '404- File or directory not found error'. I've listed the config files
below

1.isapi_redirect.properties
# Configuration file for the Jakarta ISAPI Redirector

# The path to the ISAPI Redirector Extension, relative to the website
# This must be in a virtual directory with execute privileges
extension_uri=/jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll

# Full path to the log file for the ISAPI Redirector
log_file=F:\tomcat\JakartaIsapiRedirector_PF\log\isapi_redirect.log

# Log level (debug, info, warn, error or trace)
log_level=info

# Full path to the workers.properties file
worker_file=F:\tomcat\JakartaIsapiRedirector_PF\conf\workers.properties.minimal

# Full path to the uriworkermap.properties file
worker_mount_file=F:\tomcat\JakartaIsapiRedirector_PF\conf\uriworkermap.properties

2.uriworkermap.properties

# uriworkermap.properties - IIS
#
# This file provides sample mappings for example ajp13w
# worker defined in workermap.properties.minimal
# The general sytax for this file is:
# [URL]=[Worker name]

/*=loadbalancer

# Optionally filter out all .jpeg files inside that context
# For no mapping the url has to start with exclamation (!)

##!/servlet-examples/*.jpeg=loadbalancer

3.workers.properties.minimal

ps=/

worker.list=loadbalancer

worker.loadbalancer.type=lb
worker.loadbalancer.balanced_workers=ajp13wpf, ajp13wpf2

worker.ajp13wpf.port=8019
worker.ajp13wpf.host=localhost
worker.ajp13wpf.type=ajp13
worker.ajp13wpf.lbfactor=1

worker.ajp13wpf2.port=8029
worker.ajp13wpf2.host=localhost
worker.ajp13wpf2.type=ajp13
worker.ajp13wpf2.lbfactor=1
# Disable worker2 for all requests except failover
#worker.worker2.disabled=True

4.server.xml(instance-1)--

<Server port="8015" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">
  <GlobalNamingResources>
              type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"
          pathname="conf/tomcat-users.xml" />
  </GlobalNamingResources>

  <Service name="Catalina">
    <Connector port="8090"
               enableLookups="false" acceptCount="50"
               connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true" />
   <Connector port="8019"
               enableLookups="false" protocol="AJP/1.3" />
    <Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="appname.domain.net"
jvmRoute="ajp13wpf">
      <!-- <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RequestDumperValve"/>-->
      <!--<Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger" />-->
             resourceName="UserDatabase"/>
      <Host name="appname.domain.net" appBase="F:/tomcat/deploy/hosts/ins1/"
       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
                 directory="logs"  prefix="appname.domain.net_access_log."
suffix=".txt"
                 pattern="common" resolveHosts="false"/>

        <!--<Valve className="
org.apache.catalina.valves.ByteBufferAccessLogValve"
                 directory="logs"  prefix="appname.domain.net_access_log ."
suffix=".txt"
                 pattern="common" resolveHosts="false"/>
        -->
      </Host>

      <Cluster className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster "
                 managerClassName="
org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager"
                 expireSessionsOnShutdown="false"
                 useDirtyFlag="true"
                 notifyListenersOnReplication="true">

            <Membership
                className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.mcast.McastService"
                mcastAddr=" 228.0.0.4"
                mcastPort="45564"
                mcastFrequency="500"
                mcastDropTime="3000"/>

            <Receiver
                className="
org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationListener"
                tcpListenAddress="auto"
                tcpListenPort="4011"
                tcpSelectorTimeout="100"
                tcpThreadCount="6"/>

            <Sender
                className="
org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationTransmitter"
                replicationMode="pooled"
                ackTimeout="15000"/>

            <Valve className="
org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationValve"
                   filter=".*\.gif;.*\.js;.*\.jpg;;.*\.txt;"/>

        </Cluster>

    </Engine>
  </Service>
</Server>

The server.xml for the other instance is same as above except it uses the
other port defined in the workers.properties.minimal file and a different
appbase/host.

When we try to access the application using the
URL:port(http://a.com:8090and http://a.com:8100
) we are able to get the application working.But when we try through IIS we
are not able to access the application.The isapi_redirect log file is not at
all created.Please tell us if we are missing something.
Please ask us i you need more info on this regard.

Thanks
Vasanth.S