tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: comet: missing initial READ event?
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 16:22:57 GMT
Yes, this is an interesting use case, I usually issue a read on the
BEGIN event.
These events are IO related, ie, triggered by IO events and that is what
they are. Since the data already has been read in with the request headers,
there will be no following IO event.
You could issue a read() in the BEGIN event, there is absolutely nothing
wrong with doing that, as it is the same as a servlet doing a read
during the service method.

Filip