tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: Any documentation/example about org.apache.catalina.Comet* ?
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 21:43:53 GMT
Benjamin Larchevêque wrote:
> Hello, I saw that Tomcat proposes some interfaces to use Comet like Servlet from version
6.x. Even(t) if I get the main idea I was not able to reuse the pseudo code servlet ChatServlet
provided on the following page:
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/aio.html
>
> I would like to know if someone already used this techno successfully and could give
me a link including a valid example or documentation on this topic. My main problem here is
that I am never able to display anything in the web page while the connection is open... which
is embarrassing in a Comet perspective :(

that is mostly because of how your browser works. try writing a java
client instead where you control what is displayed.
many folks are using comet, hopefully someone else can give you another
example
Filip