tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Kerber <dcker...@verizon.net>
Subject Authenticating to ActiveDirectory from webapp
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 15:37:31 GMT
What is a good java package that I can use with my webapp to let my
customers authenticate against their active directory installation, from
my Tomcat 5.5.15 webapp?  Right now, I'm authenticating against my app's
built-in database, but that's not very extensible, even though it works
ok so far.

I did some googling yesterday, and turned up a bunch of possibilities,
but many of them looked rather complex, and I couldn't find any
comparison of them anywhere, so I'm looking for suggestions on an
easy-to-implement package that will work for a small number of users.  I
don't need something that will handle hundreds or thousands of users; a
couple-dozen or so max, and maybe less than that.  I also don't need any
complex permission checking; basically it's going to be checking whether
or not they are a member of a given group.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Dave