tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Markus Schönhaber <mailing-tomcat-u...@schoenhaber.de>
Subject Re: Imposible set default application out of ROOT environment with TOMCAT-5.5.20?
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 12:43:22 GMT
aordin schrieb:

> I'm looking for set my application(jetspeed2 portal) like default into
> Tomcat 5.5.20, i find some messages spoken about put the application
> into /webapps/ROOT/ and it works but works quite bad because my
> application show a lot of problems with Javascript.
> Is it possible to specify that my default application in
> http://localhost:8080 was /webapps/myApplication/ ?

And what problems might that be?

> I build one /conf/Catalina/localhost/myApplication.xml and
> /conf/Catalina/localhost/ROOT.xml

Am I right when I guess that you use absolute paths (i. e. something
like "/myApplication/...") to reference your JavaScript files? If so,
you should fix those paths. And if you don't have a good reason for
using absolute paths, change them to be relative.

> <Context path="" docBase="myApplication" crossContext="true">

You should read
again. There are few situations where setting "path" or "docBase" is
allowed.

Regards
  mks