tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Knecht <andre...@atlassian.com>
Subject Re: OutOfMemory problem on Tomcat 5.5.20 and Java 1.5
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 01:22:06 GMT
Hi Mark,

Sorry about the attachment, I wasn't aware that they get stripped out
when e-mailing this list.  I've opened an issue on
http://jira.atlassian.com now for this:
http://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-12524

Mark Thomas wrote:
> Andreas Knecht wrote:
>
>> About a week ago, this test started failing with OutOfMemory errors.
>>

> Obvious question. What changed before it started failing?

Difficult to say, as this is happening on our continuous integration and
the version being built is the 'bleeding edge' of JIRA (i.e. the latest
version from the source repository).  However, we've had a look through
the memory held by JIRA classes in the heapdump, and there doesn't seem
to be anything out of the ordinary.  I will however go through most of
the commits since this issue started occurring and try to see if we
introduced anything problematic.

Done. It's availabel here: http://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-12524

>> The problem does NOT occur on Java 1.6.
>>

> Hmm. That points more to a jvm issue rather than a Tomcat one although
> there isn't enough info to rule out Tomcat entirely at this point. Can
> you try with the latest 1.5 jvm?

I'll give that a go.