tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: accessing files/dirs.....
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 23:15:46 GMT
Ok... I think I'm starting to see the picture here.  You want to be able
to write a jsp that can list the directory contents of a folder.   This
is very crude, no error checking, untested, etc. but you'll catch on....

    <ul>
    <%
      String reqParameter = request.getParameter( "directory" ) ;
      URI dirURI = this.getServletContext().getResource( reqParameter
).toURI() ;
      File dirFile = new File( dirURI ) ;
      if ( dirFile.isDirectory() ) {
          String[] fileList = dirFile.list() ;
          for ( int index = 0; index < fileList.length; index++ ) {
              out.println( "<li>" + fileList[ index ] + "</li>" ) ;
          }
      }
    %>
    </ul>

And it does comply with the servlet spec.

--David